Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rock on!




Sometimes as parents we often forget our role in our children's lives. We don't get to see the daily impact we have on our children. Yesterday.... my daughter took my breath away. Kirstynn was in the Model Competition at the Paulding County fair. I was unsure of the set up, so we went early this way she could practice. Well to our surprise they were doing the project modeling so there was no practice time. Kirstynn went up on stage and rocked it, but as fate would have it she did not win. My heart broke for her, As a mom we always want to see our children win. She came off stage and was a bit upset. We went outside I let her shed a couple of tears and explained to her.... Pick your self back up, its not always about winning. Lets be happy for the girl who did win, and next year you can come back and rock it again. She agreed, and we went back into watch the rest of the children finish up. After is was all done, we walked out. I saw it right then. Kirstynn was the only child I saw do this at any point. She made us wait and walked up to the little girl who had won and said Congratulation's! She walked back to use, and said " I am happy for her, lets go ride some rides" At that moment my heart did not break no more. I had the winner, to bad it took a 7 year old to remind me of that. I had the only child out of all of them who showed happiness for another child winning. It takes so much more of a person to have the actions speak louder than words! Thank you Kirstynn! You rocked the stage, and you will get to rock it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment