Monday, April 16, 2012

Pumpkin Packs

As a mom of a tubie I am always looking for stylish products for Gabby to use. I don't want other children to fear her. When we got our feeding tube pump we also received the  "black bag" and at first i was just happy to have that. When I would see other parents with it, I knew we all belonged to that "feeding tube club" with a nod and understanding we both knew what that black bag meant. Over time though I wanted something less boring. Something different. Then a friend of mine posted a link to my facebook account about these cute feeding tube bags. I feel in love! They came in so many prints, boys and girls, and now have added a teen line as well.... We had to have one. So with that said we got one. We love it. It has a side pocket on the inside to put a small freezer pack into this way I can keep Gabby's formula cold. That was my biggest problem with the black bag. I just wanted her food not to spoil. We spent 3 months on a controlled 22 hour feed. Then switched to pump feeds 5 times a day with each feed being 30 minutes long. Then did an 8 hour feed at night. I with most parents of special needs children love a full night of sleep. (We don't get to many) I was getting up every 4 hours to refill her bag. Once we got the pumpkin pack in the mail I fell in love. No more waking up every 4 hours. I just threw in a small freezer pack in the small pouch next to her food, and I knew her food would not spoil. It also helped on the hot summer days. I could keep her food cold, while it was feeding her.

I have also found another benefit with the bag, Children are always curious. Adults often tend to be ignorant (We as adults don't mean to be, but its our natural response to something different), but children just want to know. They ask questions, they watch and learn. The pumpkin pack made a new conversation piece for us. We love to educate people on Gabby, I would rather someone ask a question than to stand there and stare. I have even went to the point of asking people if they wanted information because of the staring, most times adults will then start asking questions.. They want to know, but sometimes are afraid to ask fearing they will upset you. The pumpkin pack has taken away an element of fear. Most people don't even know whats in it.

While at our GI's office last month they saw her pumpkin pack for the first time, you could see the love. I handed them information on the brand of bags, and let them play with it.  Now when we go places people ares starting to recognize the pumpkin pack. We have had several people ask if they can look it over and ask our experience with it. We always give good reviews, and give family's the information on how to purchase one them selves.

I as a mom, and doing this review to educate people on special needs products. I do not receive anything for doing this review. Its my personal opinion, and wanting to spread the word on products we love and use on a daily basis. : )

If you don't have a special needs child but would like to help another family in receiving one there is a wish list. We as parents of special needs children have so many expenses and sometimes don't have the extra money to purchase the optional items, and it would make a child's day to receive one! So please consider sponsoring a pack: Here is the link http://www.pumpkinpacks.com/sponsor-a-pack/
If you are looking to purchase one yourself you can  locate Pumpkin Packs here: http://www.pumpkinpacks.com/  or they are also located on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pumpkinpacks

*Pictures to follow. Went to do the photo shoot today and its crazy windy out. With the high wind speeds it tends to take Gabby's breath away and scare her.**

1 comment:

Nadeen said...

Thank you very much for this information. I have been looking for a pump bag for a while now that looks fun and reasonably priced. i'll make sure to share this with my friends.

Post a Comment