Monday, July 25, 2011

Sometimes it all about taking the plunge

As I watched Kirstynn take her first dive off the large diving board at Donna's house on Saturday I realised so many times in life we are held back as adults. We worry about what others think, how they will react. If we could all just take that first step...it will usually lead to another. The fear of going off that high dive had to scare her. I watched as the board moved with each step, her eyes got large, and larger. Then she walked to the end looked around, and just jumped! I wish as an adult I could just jump so many times. I fear how others will react to every step I take. I worry about what others will say. I am glad I don't see these insecurity's in my children, I am glad I am raising them to be confident of themselves. I saw with my own eyes how she did not fear the failure, or even have the fear of the plunge. I guess I need to take some of her life lessons and just take the plunge....... Tomorrow will be a new day, the sun will always rise....and set. I guess it what I do between them hours is all that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment